We’ve all got rules that we live by. Consciously or not. Some of them empower us and some restrict us to a life that we don’t really want or enjoy. I always get asked about my beliefs; the ‘life rules’ which I do my best to live by. I say “do my best”, because I fail…fail miserably… to live up to them on a regular basis and am a work in progress.
Here’s some of my ‘Life Rules’:
1. Trust and Follow God. Sounds easy and of course this is everyone’s first rule of life right. But I mean do it. Trust HIM. Follow HIM to unimaginable places. HE will rock you to your core.
2. When everyone throws in the towel…dive in harder. Do what everyone else is tired of. It will motivate you and then others.
3. Finish whatever you start. Everyone is great at starting things but few are great at finishing.
4. Avoid energy suckers. This explains itself…
5. Make the tough decisions. Most people would rather someone or something else make the tough decision for them. Success is a choice.
6. Change what you can and don’t worry about what you can’t.
7. Don’t be a critic. You’ve got enough of your own issues and weaknesses to work on. People who constantly criticize others are typically insecure. Avoid that like the plague.
8. Don’t make excuses, make plans. Stop talking about it. Start creating it.
9. Invest into others in a practical way. Be generous with your time, your knowledge, your skills, your money and your love. The best return on investment has nothing to do with money.
10. Don’t base your expectations for your future, on your past. Too many people are hostages to their sinful past, so they simply create a sinful future. Ask for forgiveness and MOVE on.
11. Get uncomfortable on a regular basis. Take risks. Physically, emotionally and psychologically.‘Safe’ is boring and unrewarding. ‘Safe’ will not get us to heaven.
12. Don’t spend your life waiting for the ‘right time’. It is always the right time. If you’re breathing, it’s the right time.
13. Live, laugh, learn and love. While many walk around with the world on their shoulders, choose to be different. Choose to live. Choose laughter. Choose learning. Choose LOVE. Choose to be that person.
There’s no right or wrong with this stuff because we all need to find our own truth and we all need to choose how we live our life.
We must choose to be that person….that is not lukewarm. Be HOT…..Go for it. Be what God created….Be his image.